Parents are at the core of the Suzuki approach, as they support their children’s practising at home. All new parents are asked to attend the New Parent Orientation session where they will learn about the Suzuki philosophy, the Suzuki triangle, listening, motivation, practising and the policies and procedures of the School.
Parents may use one of their children’s lessons to have a private conference with their teacher if they wish to discuss their child’s progress.
Resources for Parents
- Parent Handbook
- Summer Practice Ideas from Judy’s Summer Survival Practice on May 3rd, 2014
- Make a Review Game! Craft sheet from Jan 25, 2014
- SUMMER PRACTICE – GET READY!
- Motivation and Practice Techniques-from Diana Lam, January 2011
- The Importance of Listening
- It’s Time
- Practice and Progress
- Practicing Tips
- Effective Learning Environment
- Happy Review Year
- Helping Your Child Practice
- The 7 S’s of Practice
- Party Time!
Links to Articles covering Early Childhood Studies
- Read full research papers from David Gerry, Flutist, Music Cognition Researcher and Suzuki Teacher Trainer
Join a Parent Class!
Registration for any parents who would like to join:
Parent Orchestra: availability is based on demand. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Parent Guitar Group: contact teacher Daniel Srugo directly.